SCHOOL/EDUCATIONAL GROUPS AT BRAEHEAD FARM! 2017
2017 – May is strawberry picking field trips which are $6.00 per person…receive a 1/2 pint handled container of strawberries!
2016 Fall pumpkin patch field trips will be $8.00 per person and also includes a pumpkin to take home, and hayride!
The rest of the year the field trips are $5.00 per person.
At other times of the year when we do not do strawberry or pumpkin picking, the group can “Pick for the farmer”. This is an educational walk into the fields to see how different types of fruits and vegetables grow, whether on bushes or vines! They can experience how to properly pick and pick a few things for the farmer if they wish! Or the group could experience planting something for the farmer, depending on what the farmer needs at the time! (You are welcome to pick produce to purchase in the market for your group. Most vegetables are $2.99 a pound, and the berries have varied prices.)
Braehead Farm welcomes school, day cares, home school, and moms groups to join us! Reserved school groups can arrive at the farm as early as 9:00 (before the general public).
Bring your group of 3 year olds and up to receive:
- Meet with staff to learn a lesson about seasonal produce plant life cycle, (spring is Strawberries, summer is a variety of veggies, and fall is pumpkins) ladybugs and honey bees and how they are all related to the season!
- Learn how to properly pick without hurting the plant!
- A visit through our farm market to see our GLASS BEE OBSERVATION HIVE!
- “Wake up” the chickens! A lesson about hens and eggs and a chance to peek inside a mobile chicken house to see where the eggs come from! Learn about Free Range Chickens!
- See how the Braehead Farm Bee Keeper houses his bees and learn about Beekeeping here on the farm! See his bee suit! (The actual beekeeper may not be on site at all times, but Braehead Farm educational staff will lead this part of the lesson!)
- Feed to give to the Nigerian Pygmy Goats!
- See rabbits, pigs, horses, alpacas, sheep and cows! A lesson about each animal and their habitats, food and care to include recycling of animal “droppings” for compost and fertilizer!
- Play in the “Play-Grounds of the Barn Lot”! Hay barns, swings, corn pit, bikes and trikes, sand piles, “steer head” roping, tunnel and more!
- Use of a barn or picnic tables for lunch or snack!
Group Discount: Our normal daily admission to The Play-Grounds in the Barn Lot is $5.00 per person. Your group receives all of these special enrichment lessons and access to The Play-Grounds in the Barn Lot” for the same $5.00 amount (Fall field trips are currently $8.00 per person) (Braehead Farm Season Passes are only for a daily play in The Play-Grounds of the Barn Lot. This special group offering is not included in the Season Pass.)
During special seasons such as strawberry or pumpkin, we include picking and learning about these seasonal items! We can also customize our offerings and schedule for your group! We have found that the younger groups may just want to pick berries and play! Just let us know if we can adjust this offering for your group!
**** Employed Teachers of the group who are required to attend are free !! As always, 2 and under are free as a sibling (unless the tour is for a special designed tour for two year olds) All others attending the field trip pay the group individual rate. Those paying receive strawberries, or pumpkins, depending on the season. Since the teachers and under age 2 siblings are FREE, then if they would like produce such as pumpkins or strawberries or other produce, then these produce items can be purchased in the market. They get the staff led tour for free only.
Just call us at 540-899-9848 to reserve your group! Or email us at email@example.com Let us know the size of your group,